Announcing The Curious Case of Prince Charming!

 I'm so stoked! 

But this IS all about the background of The Fairy Tale Case Files, so it seems appropriate to tell you all about it as part of the whole 'yay book publication coming!'

***

About...oh, god, 8 years ago...way back in freaking 2012, I was watching my son who was three at the time play with his Bowser, Mario and Princess Peach plush toys. I was also stewing. It was nearly the end of October and I had no ideas for the upcoming National Novel Writing Month which I had been planning to take part in, but due to having, you know, a three year old, I forgot to do any planning or even think of anything. Fuming at my own lack of planning, I watched as Bowser rescued Peach (Because my son at the time loved Bowser the most) and an idea was born...

In 2013, I was cruising a freelancing bidding site looking for work when I came across a post asking for submissions to a new publication house that was just starting up. I looked at the post... then I looked at the manuscript I had finished several months prior...

The publisher accepted my pitch in June of 2013. I was at my grandparents at the time and I got the email at about 6:30pm. It had been a lifetime, lifetime dream to become a published author and for a moment, I was in utter shock and then the screaming started. I think I scared the hell out of my grandpa, lol.

Kellan Publishing went on to publish three of the books in the series, but in 2018, a series of major issues struck: the woman who basically did everything, started having health issues, her business was sued for being homophobic (She wasn't interested in publishing same sex romance. Hey, her publishing house), and she couldn't keep up with the financials at all. She staggered on for two years, but my fourth book hung in limbo the entire time. I really only stuck around out of loyalty since she had given me my first break.

In November 2020, she finally threw in the towel and closed Kellan Publishing down. All rights to work went back to their respective authors and I suddenly had a choice: self publish my books or send them to another publisher. I went back and forth for weeks and annoyed the hell out of everyone around me I'm sure, before I decided that this series, dedicated to my oldest son who inspired it, would stay in my hands and I would get into self-publishing.

I spent an hour today fighting with margins and making sure the formatting was all correct for the print copies, but it's DONE!

The Curious Case of Prince Charming will be released February 5, 2021 (Kindle edition. Print will be on or around February 5 depending on how long it takes for them to review it). 

Following this will be Glass Slipper Conspiracy at the end of March; Blood Moon Rising in mid to late May and Shifter's Oath in late June/early July.

Pre-orders for the Kindle edition of The Curious Case of Prince Charming is live and it only costs $3.99. That's less than a coffee at Starbucks. For $10.00, you could get a mocha and my book and enjoy a nice afternoon!

I'm really excited to share my stories again and have them under my control again. It really streamlines my timing when I only have to wait for an editor and a cover artist, lol. 

It was amazing to be published by a publisher and I hope to do it again with other work in the near future. I would like to work with a couple local publishers for anthologies maybe and Heroic Books for a science-fiction I'm working on, but we'll see.

For now, if you want to follow what I'm up to in greater detail, you can follow me on Facebook.

My books are on Goodreads so please leave a review! Amazon as well of course (leave the same review. I'm just happy to hear from readers).  

Thank you so much!

***

I'm currently reading The Legend of Eli Monpress by Rachel Aaron, which is a whopper three book omnibus that I've read a zillion times. I'm supposed to get some new books in this week and next week too, but the sudden strike of snow may have slowed things down.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Euphoria

Queen of Ice Review

Book Review: Rotherweird